Lanolin or wool wax is a boon for dry and damaged hair. Lanolin is being increasingly used in the production of hair and skin care products owing to its hydrating and moisturizing properties.
Do you have dry and frizzy hair or over curly hair that refuses to be tamed? Are good hair days only a distant dream for you? If all your answers are on the affirmative side, I would like to ask you have you heard of lanolin? No! Well here’s a low – down on lanolin shampoo and its amazing benefits.
What is Lanolin?
Lanolin is a yellowish waxy substance produced by a sheep’s sebaceous gland. Lanolin acts as an antifungal and antibacterial agent. It also protects and keeps the sheep’s wool dry and healthy. Cashing in on protective quality of Lanolin, several companies are using it in their hair care products.
Benefits of Lanolin for hair
Lanolin is used as a base for several medical creams and ointments – owing to its cleansing, soothing and lubricating properties. There are also plenty of benefits of lanolin for the skin and hair. And, hence it is widely used in the skin and hair care products. Some of the main benefits of lanolin for the hair are listed below –
- Lanolin traps moisture in the hair shaft without dissolving in it thereby resulting in wonderfully moisturized and smooth hair. And works especially great for over curly or dry and damaged hair.
- It works as a great substitute for the excessively thick and sticky castor oil. So you get the smoothness without your hair feeling heavy and sticky.
- Lanolin is a great conditioning agent and increases the moisture, luster, and softness of the hair. It also helps in reducing hair tangles and flyaways thereby, improving the quality of hair.
- Lanolin promotes hair growth by preventing hair breakage and damage from environmental factors. So indirectly yes it promotes hair growth.
What makes Lanolin hair shampoo different from other hair care products?
Now, there are other products widely available in the market that promises to be a great remedy for dry and damaged hair. So why should you use lanolin over them? To answer this question here are a few reasons that make lanolin superior to other products.
- Lanolin is thicker and heavier than other conditioners or additives and easily smoothen and softens coarse and thick hair. While regular conditioners don’t work as effectively to tame such unmanageable hair.
- Regular oils are mainly fatty acids, while lanolin is made of the esters of fatty acids and alcohol allowing it to hold moisture in, in a much better way.
My 14-year-old niece has excessive curly and thick hair that is unmanageable, to say the least. So, I took her to a dermatologist who recommended this amazing shampoo named Doxema Hair Care Shampoo With Lanolin and Pro Vit B. And, it’s like my baby has got new hair. The shampoo makes her hair so soft, glossy and smooth that it is simply unbelievable. Now, like any other teenagers – she happily styles and flaunts her new hair.
If you too are suffering from thick and unmanageable hair, I suggest you start using this Doxema Hair Care Shampoo With Lanolin and Pro Vit B to reap in the benefits of both pro-Vit B and lanolin for your hair.